Study Spanish in Costa Rica and discover a country brimming with natural beauty, a mix of diverse culturals and unlimited fun. don Quijote is offering a wide of courses in some of the most beautiful and captivating parts of Costa Rica where you will be able to learn Spanish whilst exploring the fascinating surroundings.
Spanish learning destinations in Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach - a small town with everything to offer- beautiful beaches, stunning natural parks and exhilirating activities.
- Heredia - considered one of the most picturesque parts of Costa Rica. Heredia is known for it's verdant hills and volcanic national parks. This mountainous province is the home to a plethora of outdoor and adventure activities, and breath-taking natural surroundings.
- Monteverde - set in an area of sustainable development and conservation. Monteverde is a nature-oriented area with an incredible bio-diversity.
- Playa Jacó - this town is situated on the Pacific coast is notorious for it's casual and relaxed nightlife, in which tourists can really integrate with the locals. The surrounding beaches have plenty to offer from kayaking or surfing to biking and horseback riding.
- Coronado- located just outside the capital city, San José, Coronado is a green and sunny suburb with an abundance of cultural offerings and great local markets and cafes.
Spanish courses in in Costa Rica
- Intensive Course: This course will improve all aspects of your Spanish in no time by providing 20 highly engaging group classes a week. The group course is a highly effective and entertaining way to improve your Spanish as you will be able to practice whilst discussing a number of interesting topics with your peers.
- Super Intensive Course: If you are eager to progress even quicker this course is ideal, offering an additional 2 daily class on top of 20 hours of group classes, you are sure to receive the necessary tuition to rapidly increase your fluency.
- One to One: If you are short of time, or simply want to learn Spanish at your own pace, then this course is perfect. These private individual classes work around a personalized program allowing you to progress in a way tailored exactly to your individual needs and interests.
- Volunteer programs: Eligibility for this course has one pre-requisite- a minimum of 4 weeks doing an Intensive Course. This is so that your level of Spanish is at an adequate level for community service. Once you have undertaken this course, you have the opportunity to spend time working voluntarily in the local community for various social institutions.
- Money & Costs
- Costa Rica's Map
- Travel Information
There are two choices of accomodation that you may choose between for your stay in Sucre:
- Host family- enjoy a stay in a single or double room with half board catering in the home of a carefully selected Costa Rican family.
- Student residence- stay in a dormitory or private apartment, no meals are provided.
Currency: Costa Rican colónMeals
- Budget: US$5-10
- Mid-range: US$10-20
- Top-end: US$25 and upwards
- Budget: US$5-15
- Mid-range: US$20-30
- Top-end: US$50 and upwards
Costa Rica certainly lives up to the literal translation of its name, 'Rich Coast', with almost 300 beaches and warm waters all year long Costa Rica is an idyllic destination with some of the best beaches in the world, from calm shores with pristine turquoise water to crashing waves and coarse black sand. It is home to some of the region's best surfing and the year long warm climate is perfect for those seeking some sun.
Costa Ricais also renowned for its rich variety of plants and animals, and large network of national parks. In fact over 25% of its land mass is under the protection of a system of national parks and reserves. They are the ideal places for those interested in nature-oriented activities, from watching nesting turtles on the beaches to stunning jungle canopy tours. Some of the most popular national parks 'Las Baulas' 'Arenal Volcano', 'Santa Rosa' 'Tortuguero' and 'Monteverde Reserve' are all home to a diverse array of natural habitats.
Even with the beaches and parks, it has been said the 'Ticos' are their nation's greatest asset, and once you've experienced their friendliness and spontaneity, you'll no doubt agree. The bustling towns and cities in Costa Rica are brimming with the Ticos' vibrant and friendly energy from San José, the buzzing cultural centre, with its abundance of museums and great nightlife to the city of Limón a colorful place, bursting with Caribbean flavor.
Request more information Enroll now! Chat with us now