The most important festivals and series include:
- Ancient Music Festival, in March at the Lope de Vega Theatre, the Alcázar and some churches of the historic city centre.
- Festival of New Spanish Music, also in March, organized by the University at the assembly room of the Polytechnic School.
- International Festival of Movie Soundtracks, in May, at the theatre of La Maestranza, with concerts of sound tracks accompanied by projections of movies.
- Spring Festival, in June, organized by the Juventudes Musicales (Young musicians) at the assembly hall of the Real Maestranza de Caballería, with concerts and recitals of chamber music.
- Itálica Dance Festival, in July and August at the Theatre of La Maestranza, with the participation of important international figures.
- Opera Season, throughout the year at the Theatre of Ia Maestranza.
- Open-air Opera Festival, in September at the Auditorium of La Cartuja.
- Flamenco Biennial. Gathers the most important representatives of this art and is considered to be the world's most important event of its kind.
- Jazz Festival, in February and March, at the Theatre of La Maestranza.
- During the rest of the year, the Theatre of La Maestranza holds concerts of the Seville Symphonic Orchestra nearly every Thursday and Friday, as well as a large number of performances by important foreign orchestras.
- Pop and rock music are performed at the Auditorium of La Cartuja, in the theme park.
Auditorio de La Cartuja (Auditorium of La Cartuja). Isla de la Cartuja. Buses: C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4. Phone. 95.446.47.48.
Sala Apolo. Bustos Taverast, 11. Buses: 10, 11, 12, 15, 20, 24, 27, 32. Phone. 95.421.75.79.
TEATRO DE LA MAESTRANZA
Address: Paseo de Colón, 22 41001 Sevilla
Phone: 95.422.65.73. Fax: 95.422.65.73
Buses: C-3, C-4, 5, 41, 40, 42.
A splendid venue opened in 1992, one of the best opera houses in Spain. Regular seasons yearly.
TEATRO LOPE DE VEGA
Address: Avda. María Luisa, s/n 41013 Sevilla
Buses: C-1, C-2, 34, 53.
The Teatro Lope de Vega is the hub of theatre programming in Seville, staging performances by the most important national theatre companies.
Address: Isla de la Cartuja.
Buses: C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4, 2.
The Teatro Central represents new genres of theatre.
TEATRO MUNICIPAL ALAMEDA
Address: Calle Calatrava.
Buses: C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4, 2, 13, 14.
The Teatro Municipal Alameda gathers independent groups. It hosts, in May, the Puppets and Marionettes Festival, as well as theatre series for children.
Address: Calle Sierpes, 25.
Buses: 13, 14, 43.
The Teatro Imperial puts on works by Spanish authors and performances of Spanish Song.