Study Spanish in The Dominican Republic and discover a island full of extraordinary natural beauty and generous hospitality. don Quijote is offering some great destinations and courses that will allow you to learn Spanish in The Dominican Republic against a stunning tropical backdrop.
Destinations in The Dominican Republic
- Santo Domingo - The Dominican Republic's bustling capital city, is full of fascinating cultural offerings, and just a short trip from the island's tropical beaches!
- Sosua - famous for its diving and beaches, Sosua is the perfect destination for those looking for a small, leisure setting.
Spanish courses in the Dominican Republic
- Intensive Course: This course will improve all aspects of your Spanish in no time by providing 20 highly engaging group classes a week. The group course is a highly effective and entertaining way to improve your Spanish as you will be able to practice whilst discussing a number of interesting topics with your peers.
- Super Intensive Course: If you are eager to progress even quicker this course is ideal, offering an additional 2 daily class on top of 20 hours of group classes, you are sure to receive the necessary tuition to rapidly increase your fluency.
- One to One: If you are short of time, or simply want to learn Spanish at your own pace, then this course is perfect. These private individual classes work around a personalized program allowing you to progress in a way tailored exactly to your individual needs and interests.
- Money & Costs
- Dominican Republic's Map
- Travel Information
- Host Family- stay with one of the carefully selected Domincan families, in a single room with shower/toilet on half board basis in Santo Domingo.
- Student flat- both schools offer the chance to stay in a self-catering school apartment.
- Hotel- alternatively, you may wish to stay in some of the 3 or 4 star hotels nearby.
Currency: Dominican peso (DOP$) Meals
- Low: US$5-8
- Mid: US$8-20
- High: US$20-35
- Low: US$20-70
- Mid: US$70-150
- High: US$150-300
- Deluxe: US$300+
The Dominican Republic borders Haiti on the Caribbean island of Hispaniola. In the Dominican Republic you can experience the very best of what the Caribbean has to offer. With 900 miles of unspoiled coastline you will feel like you are in tropical paradise, with white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, and palm trees galore. The lack of development on the island makes it a perfect haven for wildlife and in its crystal waters you can enjoy some of the very best snorkeling and scuba-diving around whilst marveling at the technicolored wonders that live beneath the waves. The Dominican Republic is a cultural melting pot comprising many European and African influences. The result is an exciting mix. One of the most famous cultural exports is Merengue music, a fast and lively dance beat that from its traditional roots has gone on to take the world by storm.
When Spanish sailors began to explore the New World around the 15th Century the Dominican Republic was one of the first places they settled. As a result, the island has claim to one of the oldest cities in the New World in Santo Domingo, where the cobbled streets and original buildings are abundant with colonial charm. It is a city of firsts, boasting the first hospital, the first sugar mill, and the first cathedral on this side of the world. With its rich and eventful history the Dominican Republic has more to offer than other countries in the Caribbean, making it a truly tropical and cultural paradise.
Solicitar mais informação Matricule-se já!