Study Spanish in Costa Rica and discover a country of natural beauty, diverse cultures and unlimited fun. don Quijote is offering a wide range of courses in some of the most beautiful locations in Costa Rica where you will be able to learn Spanish while exploring the fascinating surroundings.
Spanish Schools in Costa Rica
- Santo Domingo de Heredia - considered one of the most picturesque parts of Costa Rica, Heredia is known for its verdant hills and volcanic national parks. This mountainous province is home to a plethora of outdoor and adventure activities, and breathtaking natural surroundings.
- Tamarindo Beach – home to the great Baula turtles and a surfing paradise, Tamarindo Beach invites visitors to admire enchanting, marine wildlife, to soak up the rays and to participate in exhilarating sporting activities.
- Coronado - Coronado boasts a luscious green landscape, beautiful sunny weather and an array of colorful markets and charming cafes.
- Playa Jacó - this beachside town is situated on the Pacific coast and is renowned for its relaxed nightlife and welcoming locals. From kayaking to surfing to biking to horseback riding, the wide range of sporting activities on offer in the surrounding beach areas leave visitors spoilt for choice.
Spanish Courses in Costa Rica
- Intensive Course: This course will improve all aspects of your Spanish in no time by providing 20 thoroughly-engaging group classes a week. The group course is a highly-effective and entertaining way to improve your Spanish as you will be able to practice while discussing a number of interesting topics with your peers.
- Super Intensive Course: If you are eager to progress even quicker this course is ideal as it offers an additional 2 daily classes on top of the 20 hours of group classes.Your fluency is sure to rapidly improve.
- Private Classes: If you are short of time, or simply want to learn Spanish at your own pace, then this course is perfect. These private individual classes work around a personalized program allowing you to progress in a way tailored exactly to your individual needs and interests.
- Volunteer programs: Eligibility for this course has one pre-requisite- a minimum of 4 weeks doing an Intensive Course. This is to ensure that your level of Spanish is at an adequate level for community service. Once you have undertaken this course, you will have the opportunity to work as a volunteer in the local community for various social institutions.
- Money & Costs
- Costa Rica's Map
- Travel Information
There are two accommodation options available:
- Host Family- a stay in a single room in the home of a carefully-selected Costa Rican family with half board or full board catering.
- Shared apartment- a stay in a single or shared room with no meals provided.
Currency: Costa Rican colónMeals
- Budget: US$5-10
- Mid-range: US$10-20
- Top-end: US$25 and upwards
- Budget: US$5-15
- Mid-range: US$20-30
- Top-end: US$50 and upwards
Costa Rica certainly lives up to the literal translation of its name, 'Rich Coast', with almost 300 beaches and warm waters all year long Costa Rica is an idyllic destination with some of the best beaches in the world, from calm shores with pristine turquoise water to crashing waves and coarse black sand. It is home to some of the region's best surfing and the year long warm climate is perfect for those seeking some sun.
Costa Ricais also renowned for its rich variety of plants and animals, and large network of national parks. In fact over 25% of its land mass is under the protection of a system of national parks and reserves. They are the ideal places for those interested in nature-oriented activities, from watching nesting turtles on the beaches to stunning jungle canopy tours. Some of the most popular national parks 'Las Baulas' 'Arenal Volcano', 'Santa Rosa' 'Tortuguero' and 'Monteverde Reserve' are all home to a diverse array of natural habitats.
Even with the beaches and parks, it has been said the 'Ticos' are their nation's greatest asset, and once you've experienced their friendliness and spontaneity, you'll no doubt agree. The bustling towns and cities in Costa Rica are brimming with the Ticos' vibrant and friendly energy from San José, the buzzing cultural centre, with its abundance of museums and great nightlife to the city of Limón a colorful place, bursting with Caribbean flavor.
Request more information Enroll now! Chat with us now