Spanish School in Monteverde
Our Spanish school is situated in Monteverde, in the Cerro Plano zone, where accomodation and businesses are found.
The school offers:
- 21 indoor classrooms
- Video room with big screen TV
- Small library
- Small computer room for the students
- Common room with billiards and table hockey
- Dining area
Classes are held from Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm with a 20-minute coffee break at 10:00am. In the Super-intensive courses classes start at 8:00am and finish at 2:30pm with a coffee break at 10:00am and a one-hour break at 12:00pm.
Our Spanish Teachers
All teachers are university graduates and have been well trained in the teaching of Spanish to foreigners.
Accommodation in Monteverde
In order to help you improve your Spanish speaking skills and your knowledge of the culture, you'll reside with a host family where you will have a single room with half board.
Activities and Excursions
The school organizes excursions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and on the weekends. Cultural activities take place in the library 2-3 times per week and once a month there is a "cultural week" celebration with special events.
The most common activities are:
- Latin Dance classes (salsa, merengue and cumbia)
- Cooking classes
- Literature or handicrafts workshops
- Coffee tour to the Cafe Britt coffee plantation
- Waterfall rappelling (also known as canyoning)
- White-water rafting
- Arenal Volcano
- Poas Volcano
- Irazu Volcano
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Jungle boat trip on the Sarapiqui River
- Tortuguero National park
Due to its lush green tropical forests, Monteverde is one of the most beautiful places in Central America in which you can lose yourself in a world of nature and green.