Spanish School in Playa Jacó
Our Spanish school in Playa Jacó is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, seven blocks from one of Costa Rica's best Pacific beaches. The school features 4 classrooms, an outdoor patio used for classes, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen area, a 1.000-square meter tropical garden, a terrace and a small swimming pool. You'll find restaurants, grocery stores, telecommunications and internet centers, drugstores and bicycle shops all within walking distance. Students have free internet access from 9:30am to 2pm.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 12:00pm with a 30-minute coffee break at 10:00am.
Our Spanish Teachers
Our partner school in Playa Jacó boasts a highly experienced and qualified teaching staff specially trained in the teaching of Spanish to foreigners as well as technology assisted education. The program is founded following the Common European Framework (levels A1 -C2) as are the courses at our own don Quijote schools.
Accommodation in Playa Jacó
To help you improve your Spanish speaking skills and your knowledge of the culture, our partner school offers you:
- Home stay with a local family in a single or double room with half board.
- Upgraded home stay with private bath with no meals.
- Private apartments with no meal plan.
Activities and Excursions
The school organizes free time activities for students during the week. These activities include:
- Latin Dance classes (2 hours) on Tuesdays
- Costa Rican Fruit and Costa Rican Cooking classes on Wednesdays
- Guided hike in Jacó mountains every other Thursday
- Special excursions every first and third Thursday of the month, such as visits to the nearby National Parks
- Bicycle rental (available at the school every day)
- Guided tour of Playa Jacó for new students on Mondays
- Film on Mondays
If you dream of a Spanish course that combines an excellent academic program and outdoor activities like kayaking, horseback riding, biking, fishing, hiking, canopy tours and surfing with a stay in a world class tourist destination, Playa Jacó is an excellent choice for your Spanish course in Latin America. The school is an easy 1.5-hour drive from the San José International Airport.