Spanish School in Santiago de Chile
Our Spanish school in Santiago is housed in a mansion built in 1925 by an important architect of the era. The mansion, as well as the entire block, has been declared to be a national monument, as they are situated in the very heart of Chile's historic center.
The mansion's bright, comfortable and spacious rooms consist of 14 classrooms, 5 bathrooms, a video room, an internet room, a cafeteria, a spacious and cozy living room, a terrace with panoramic views of Santiago's city center, and is ample enough in which various entertainment activities can take place. The decoration shows the beauty of antique and modern architecture.
Courses start every Monday.
* The school reserves the right to change a group course into One to One in case there is no other student at the same level. If this happens, there will be a reduction of class hours of 50%.
Classes are held Monday to Friday. Group classes are available every day, for a period of four hours, each lesson lasting 55 minutes.
Our Spanish Teachers
All of the teachers are native Spanish speakers from Chile, trained and experienced in teaching Spanish to foreigners. They have teaching degrees and are culturally sensitive. Having travelled to different countries themselves, they are able to interact successfully with the students and offer assistance when needed.
Accommodation in Santiago de Chile
In order to help you improve your Spanish speaking skills and your knowledge of the culture, you can choose to stay in a:
- Host Family where you will have a single or double room, breakfast or half board.
- Student Residence, double room with no meals or breakfast only.
No meals are provided on Sundays in any type of accommodation.
Activities and Excursions
On weekends the school organizes excursions into the Andes or to the Pacific Coast. Rafting, climbing courses and trekking tours are all part of the school's extra activities.
Cultural excursions include:
- Vineyard tour followed by wine tasting
- The museum-house of Pablo Neruda
- Visit to the "Palacio Cousiño"
- Chat with the indigenous group and cultural center, CONACIN
- Visit with a local environmental NGO
- Visit to a project of KAIROS - social work against poverty
- Visit to the Archaeological Museum and walk to the Cerro Santa Lucia
- Visit to the Memorial of the victims of the Pinochet dictatorship
Like many Latin American cities, Santiago de Chile is defined by its coexisting contrasts: colonial and modern architecture, energizing street scenes and quiet parks, elegant shopping and earthy markets, exciting nightlife and romantic restaurants and so on. With ski slopes and beaches at a short distance and all that a world capital has to offer on a daily and nightly basis, Santiago de Chile is a stimulating and exhilarating place to study Spanish and learn about Chilean culture.
Request more information Enroll now! Chat with us now