Learn Spanish GranadaOrigin & Culture Video
What we love about Granada
We love that try as we might, it is impossible to capture the magic of Granada on the page; it is a city that must be lived. We love that when you arrive, friendly Andalusians will help you with whatever you need, whether you’re stumbling through your first sentence in Spanish or are looking to start a conversation with a local. We love that it is a city filled with manmade beauty – the Alhambra Palace, the Albaicín neighborhood, the Capilla Real, the Cathedral, the Palacio de Carlos V, the Generalife, the Basílica San Juan de Díos, the Flamenco you can hear throughout the city and especially in the Sacromonte neighborhood. And that it is surrounded by natural beauty – the Sierra Nevada, the Río Genil and Río Darro and the Mediterranean just a short trip away. We love that when you order a caña or a coke it is almost always accompanied by an unusually large plate of Spanish food (for free)! We love that the mix of cultures in the city will teach you about Spanish history and about the Spain of today. And we love that even if you’re shy, you’ll be able to dive right in and practice Spanish in Granada because of the city’s relaxed feel and friendly locals.
The don Quijote school in Granada is found in the city center. You will find yourself surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops and within walking distance of all of the city’s inspiring cultural sites. You’ll also have easy access to great public transportation if you feel like giving your feet a rest, or would like to venture a little further out of the city (maybe a trip to the Sierra Nevada or the Mediterranean).
- Located in the city center, with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.
- Close to all of the city’s main attractions (the Alhambra Palace, the Albaicín neighborhood, the Paseo de los Tristes along the Río Darro, the Mirador de San Nicolás, the Cathedral, the Basílica San Juan de Díos, the Sacromonte neighborhood).
- Surrounded by the beautiful Sierra Nevada and close to the Mediterranean; both of which are easily accessible by buses, which can be found close to the school.
- Great public transportation both to get around the city and for exploring the surrounding areas and towns.
What our students are saying about us
"My experience with the school was excellent right from my first contact. I had never been overseas before so was very nervous. The information I received from the school was first class and did much to put me at ease. All my questions about the schools, courses, accommodation and cities were answered promptly and thoroughly. I found the teachers at the school to be fantastic. They were extremely patient, friendly and very helpful. They clearly believed in and enjoyed what they were teaching. The administration team was also very helpful, patient and friendly and the excursions and extra classes were well organised and conducted by knowledgeable, friendly guides."
"The teachers at don Quijote are very good. I was placed in level C1 and felt that I was in the right class for my level of knowledge. We were five people from four different nationalities. I like meeting people from other cultures and enjoyed the class. I especially enjoyed the voluntary classes each evening and recommend that all students take part in them; they are of interest and fun. I would recommend don Quijote because they deliver as they promise, and because there are dQ schools in different places both in Spain and Latin America."
"I arrived in Spain only with a handful of words and a desire to be able to communicate well in Spanish. The teachers at don Quijote have made the learning process great fun and an unforgettable experience. My fellow students have enriched that experience too and I will take away many happy memories of my time in Granada."
"I love this place! I was in the school (the building is amazing!) for two weeks in october and enjoyed also the residence, a shared flat 5 minutes walking from the school, because it's a multiculti environment and... you have the neighbourhood of the university students 10 minutes walking! I met many people and now we're friends!"
What you’ll find at don Quijote Granada:
- A comfortable intimate school where you will be able to get to know your fellow students and your inspiring Spanish teachers.
- A city filled with history, stunning architectural treasures, including the famous Alhambra Palace, and a mix of cultures to discover.
- Access to beautiful natural areas including the Sierra Nevada for skiing and hiking and the Mediterranean, just a short ride away.
- A great Spanish school location, walking distance from the city’s most interesting and beautiful areas (see the Albaicín neighborhood and Sacromonte) and monuments (the Cathedral, the Alhambra Palace, Río Darro, etc.).
- Classrooms that include the best language resources, a comfortable common area and a small library.
- Wi-Fi access throughout the school allowing students to stay connected and informed at all times.
Need any help? We'll help you find the best Spanish immersion program for you!
don Quijote Spanish school is recognized and accredited by:
Request more information Enroll now!