What we love about Tenerife
We love that Tenerife defies the typical Spanish clichés: it’s not the Spain you’ve seen in the movies. Its subtropical climate, lush greens, dark blues and volcanic black landscapes contrast sharply with the conventional image of Spain with its dusty yellows, pale greens and long stretches of olive groves. The distinctive sing-song accents and curious local vernacular of Canarians will fascinate you and immerse you in a Spanish seldom found in textbooks. Challenge all your preconceived notions of what Spain looks, sounds and feels like. Learn Spanish in a beautiful, unique environment that will truly thrill all the senses.
What our students are saying about us
"I first heard about don Quijote from a friend. I decided to study in Tenerife and I had the best time of my life! I met friends for life and people from all over the world. The school is great with a cosy environment and the best teachers I ever had. When I got home from Tenerife after three months I missed it so much I decided to go back for six more weeks. If you have doubts, don’t think twice, just do it!"
"I enjoyed a constant progression in Spanish, throughout the course. The teachers are always ready to go out of their way to help students with any queries or problems. I had the pleasure to meet many interesting people from all over the world and made good friends with whom I'll definately stay in contact."
"Una escuela perfecto para aprender español en una atmósfera familiar y tranquila."
"Very good language courses. Nice atmosphere. Perfect weather! "
What you’ll find at don Quijote Tenerife:
- A small, intimate school within a vibrant port city, known as one of the top destinations of the Canary Islands.
- A relaxed beach ambience, complete with swaying palm trees and bright tropical flowers.
- A neighborhood lined with quaint beachfront shops, cafés and restaurants.
- A typical Canarian-style school building with a central open-air courtyard, perfect for socializing and soaking in the sun between classes.
- Cozy classrooms with roundtable seating, ideal for personalized learning and guaranteed to get students speaking in Spanish.
- A student common area equipped with TV, a lending-library and videos, great for relaxing or enjoying a Spanish language movie with friends.
Need any help? We'll help you find the best Spanish immersion program for you!
Our don Quijote school in Tenerife is located in the heart of Puerto de la Cruz, just steps from Martiánez Beach and a short walk from the City Hall. Although nearby bus lines are available, virtually the entire city is accessible by foot from the school.
- Just a 2-minute walk to the famous Lago Martiánez, a stunning complex of restaurants, shops, pools, a casino and a manmade lake.
- A short walk from the city’s most beautiful botanical and aquatic gardens.
- A 10-minute drive to Loro Parque, one of the biggest attractions in the Canary Islands… Get there by car, or better yet, take the free train!
- Right next door to a plethora of shops, cafés and restaurants.
don Quijote Spanish school is recognized and accredited by:
Request more information Enroll now!